Strange behaviour of Coco/R

http://www.zinnamturm.eu/downloadsAC.htm#Coco

Strange behaviour of Coco/R

Postby dmaksimiuk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi All,
I am in the process of transition from the BBox 1.7-a1 to the BBox 1.7.1-rc1 environment. I have installed the Coco/R - Compiler-Compiler V2.2-9 on both systems.
On version 1.7-a1 everything works fine.

During my experiments I have encounter a problem with the Coco/R on the 1.7.1-rc1. It compiles an *.atg file with my language definition, but it fails to display FIRST and FOLLOW sets, and any other sub-function from the tool's menu. It gives me the following messages:
Item guard CocoCRTasks.NotEmptyGuard for CocoCRT.ListFirstAndFollowSets not found
Item guard CocoCRTasks.NotEmptyGuard for CocoCRA.PrintStates not found
etc.

Any idea how to fix it?

Regards,
Darek
dmaksimiuk
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:56 pm
Location: Delft, The Netherlands

Re: Strange behaviour of Coco/R

Postby Ivan Denisov » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:02 am

Did you compile both Coco/R separately for both installations of BlackBox?
User avatar
Ivan Denisov
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Krasnoyarsk, Russia

Re: Strange behaviour of Coco/R

Postby Zinn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:22 am

dmaksimiuk wrote:It gives me the following messages:
Item guard CocoCRTasks.NotEmptyGuard for CocoCRT.ListFirstAndFollowSets not found
Item guard CocoCRTasks.NotEmptyGuard for CocoCRA.PrintStates not found
etc.


Module CocoCRTasks is a custom interface. Coco provides a template only. You have overwritten and destroy Coco with your project.
Coco itself uses CocoTasks. There are your missing procedures.
Solution: Unpack Coco from the save set and reinstall Coco via the Quick-Start instruction.
- Helmut
Zinn
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Strange behaviour of Coco/R

Postby dmaksimiuk » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 am

Ivan Denisov wrote:Did you compile both Coco/R separately for both installations of BlackBox?

Hi Ivan,
Yes. I did compile Coco/R on each system separately.

Regards,
Darek
dmaksimiuk
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:56 pm
Location: Delft, The Netherlands

Re: Strange behaviour of Coco/R

Postby dmaksimiuk » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:44 am

Zinn wrote:
Module CocoCRTasks is a custom interface. Coco provides a template only. You have overwritten and destroy Coco with your project.
Coco itself uses CocoTasks. There are your missing procedures.
Solution: Unpack Coco from the save set and reinstall Coco via the Quick-Start instruction.
- Helmut


Hi Helmut,
I did a set of experiments with Coco/R installations.
On both system I have used the StdCoded file as a source for installation process.

Then, I have compiled source code, and compare sizes of the object files on both systems. They are the same.

After updating and compiling the Config.odc, I have re-started the BBox environment and on:
- system 1.7-a1 STOP working - the same error as on the 1.7.1-rc1
- system 1.7.1-rc1 still got the same errors

When I have upgraded my Coco/R from 2.2.8 to 2.2.9 on the 1.7-a1 system probably I did not delete all Sym files....

I have re-installed version 2.2.8 on both systems and it seems to be working fine.

Regards,
Darek
dmaksimiuk
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:56 pm
Location: Delft, The Netherlands

Re: Strange behaviour of Coco/R

Postby Zinn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Sorry, I don't understand the problem.
I install Coco on 1.7-a1 and it works
I install Coco on the 1.7.1-rc1 and it works
- Helmut
Zinn
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Strange behaviour of Coco/R

Postby luowy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 pm

dmaksimiuk wrote:When I have upgraded my Coco/R from 2.2.8 to 2.2.9 on the 1.7-a1 system probably I did not delete all Sym files....
that is the point. the old sym,and code files need to be deleted, and recompile it, reload it. I have met this problem several times.
luowy
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:32 pm

Re: Strange behaviour of Coco/R

Postby dmaksimiuk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Zinn wrote:Sorry, I don't understand the problem.
I install Coco on 1.7-a1 and it works
I install Coco on the 1.7.1-rc1 and it works
- Helmut


I did the following experiment:
- Completely fresh installation of 1.7.1-rc1 on a different machine without any other components installed (Win7, x64)
- Coco/R from Helmut's web resources (2.2.9).
- Sources have been compiled as described in the Quick-Start document.
- BBox restarted.
- Copied my experimental *.atg file to that machine.
and
- compilation WORKS
- execution of any other items gave the same error as on other laptop

Is there anything stored in Windows registry that might be related to my problems?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Darek
dmaksimiuk
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:56 pm
Location: Delft, The Netherlands

Re: Strange behaviour of Coco/R

Postby Josef Templ » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:41 pm

The installation command in the CPC package does not include recompiling CocoCRTasks etc.
If you want to recompile everything in subsystem Coco you can use the command

(!)DevCompiler.CompileSubs Coco ~

or you can recompile the missing files (CocoCRTasks, CocoCRCmds, CocoTextsOV4) one by one.

- Josef
Josef Templ
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:50 am

Re: Strange behaviour of Coco/R

Postby Zinn » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 pm

dmaksimiuk wrote: - compilation WORKS
- execution of any other items gave the same error as on other laptop
Is there anything stored in Windows registry that might be related to my problems?

No, the Windows registry entry doesn't relate to your problem, but the menu entry.
Change in the menu all guard entries from "CocoCRTasks.NotEmptyGuard" to "CocoTasks.NotEmptyGuard"
Sorry for the error in the save set
-Helmut
Zinn
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:47 am

Next

Return to Coco/R

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron