USA users of BlackBox

Authors of components supporting their products
DGDanforth

USA users of BlackBox

Post by DGDanforth »

In an effort to "market" BlackBox it would be useful to me to know of all of you
in the USA who are using BlackBox. If you would be so kind, please post your name
so we can form a USA group. No commitment to do anything at this time.
I just want to establish the group and see what happens.

-Doug Danforth
atersol

Re: USA users of BlackBox

Post by atersol »

Antony Tersol
lschwerdfager

Post by lschwerdfager »

Lance Schwerdfager ... I'm actually Canadian but that should be sufficiently close to qualify.
adimetrius

Post by adimetrius »

lschwerdfager wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:53 am Lance Schwerdfager ... I'm actually Canadian but that should be sufficiently close to qualify.
Lance, Could you share how you use BB?
lschwerdfager

Post by lschwerdfager »

:) I have been using BlackBox in my personal projects at home for years now. I'm currently designing a product that small business owners can use to manage inventory and to assess trends in changes to that inventory over time. I have another that manages ticket distribution for charity events (I'm a part time musician whose band plays benefits for various charities, both local and international).

The reason I chose these two projects is because I wanted to respectively implement a practical application that is based on on a minimum heap data structure and then another based on an AVL tree. Being able to implement persistent objects by inheriting from Stores.Store renders use of a third party DBMS completely unnecessary.

I would be very interested in participating in a project of reasonable size that might have some real commercial potential. I haven't been able to identify any such project anywhere and am amazed that is the case. As we all know, BlackBox Component Builder is a fabulous development environment that, together with Component Pascal, has tremendous potential. Why things seem to have been overshadowed by Java, C#, etc., thus keeping that potential unrealized, is beyond me. It must only be because these languages are keeping the C legacy alive.