Alm01Gather

Announces, releases and PayPal balance.
a.mcintosh

Alm01Gather

Post by a.mcintosh »

Alm01Gather reads a list of modules, reads the IMPORT list of those modules, and continues until there are no more unexamined source files. It has been around for about 25 years. It is a comfortable subsystem for me to try out an idea regarding subsystem releases.

I have placed it on GitHub at
git@github.com:a-mcintosh/Alm01Gather.git

When it is cloned, the resulting file is 1) a git archive, 2) the file structure used by dpkg-deb to build a .deb archive (known to work in Ubuntu 20.04), and 3) a secondary directory for use with BBCB (tested with commit c7b38ea469881b03ba5e23c311fbc3b6d2b717b2) No file copying or other modifications are necessary to use these 3 aspects.

the .deb file can be installed and the subsystem files are added to the existing BBCP installation. They can be subsequently removed without disturbing the BBCP installation.

At present, there are 2 branches in the git repository. Branch main is the unpopulated file setup. Branch Alm01Gather is the eponymous subsystem.

Discussion is welcome.
Ivan Denisov

Re: Alm01Gather

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Code: Select all

git clone git@github.com:a-mcintosh/Alm01Gather.git
cd Alm01Gather
git checkout Alm01Gather 
mv deb_root/usr/lib/bbcb deb_root/usr/lib/blackbox
cd deb_root/usr/lib/blackbox
then I run blackbox

bbcb
Compiled the sources to make Code and Sym files.

Then returned back, made debian package and installed it.

cd ../../../../
dpkg-deb --build --root-owner-group deb_root
sudo dpkg -i deb_root.deb 
Works fine.
gather.png
Good example how to prepare sources for it can be add comfortable to repository.
I would add your package as an example to the repo http://deb.oberon.org/linux if you wish.