Need moderators and admins for the forum

All questions and suggestions about forum functioning
Ivan Denisov

Need moderators and admins for the forum

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Who wants to moderate English language forum?
DGDanforth

Re: Need moderators and admins for the forum

Post by DGDanforth »

What do you believe the work will entail?
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

DGDanforth wrote:What do you believe the work will entail?
The moderators are users who are granted access to the posts and threads of all members and keeping the forum clean (neutralizing spam and spambots etc.). Moderators can answer users' concerns about the forum, general questions, as well as respond to specific complaints. Common privileges of moderators include: deleting, merging, moving, and splitting of posts and threads, locking, renaming, stickying of threads, banning, suspending, unsuspending, unbanning, warning the members, or adding, editing, removing the polls of threads.

The administrators manage the technical details required for running the site. As such, they may promote (and demote) members to/from moderators, manage the rules, create sections and sub-sections. Administrators often also act as moderators. Administrators may also make forum-wide announcements, or change the appearance (known as the skin) of a forum. There are also many forums where administrators share their knowledge.
Peter Kushnir

Post by Peter Kushnir »

I think, it would be ok to have native English administrator and Russian administrator, because of Russian users percent.
If you don't mind, I would like to be the second one. Also I would like to have access to our VDS.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Peter Kushnir wrote:I think, it would be ok to have native English administrator and Russian administrator, because of Russian users percent.
If you don't mind, I would like to be the second one. Also I would like to have access to our VDS.
Very good, news. I think that we do not need voting for giving you admin rights. Do anybody against idea Peter to be an administrator?

We can give you access to VDS on new forum. Or I need some time to isolate your user in VDS from other my projects.
valexey

Post by valexey »

Ivan Denisov wrote:
Peter Kushnir wrote:I think, it would be ok to have native English administrator and Russian administrator, because of Russian users percent.
Very good, news. I think that we do not need voting for giving you admin rights. Do anybody against idea Peter to be an administrator?
I think that before giving admin rights to anyone we should know a little more about this person. So if Peter wants to be admin or moderator, then he should write and post CV (self introduction) to corresponding sub forum ( http://forum.blackboxframework.org/viewforum.php?f=31 ).

It will prevent possible conflicts in future.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

valexey wrote:I think that before giving admin rights to anyone we should know a little more about this person. So if Peter wants to be admin or moderator, then he should write and post CV (self introduction) to corresponding sub forum ( http://forum.blackboxframework.org/viewforum.php?f=31 ).

It will prevent possible conflicts in future.
That is good idea. "center" members must know each over better to trust each over. Please fill real names in yours profile, post picture in avatar if it is possible.

Also, I remember there were some idea that unpersonal OberonCore is not very good idea, because I can not know do I have a discussion with a one men in different days. OberonCore should split members. They will have more voices, but it can be justly.
Peter Kushnir

Post by Peter Kushnir »

Ivan Denisov wrote:That is good idea. "center" members must know each over better to trust each over. Please fill real names in yours profile, post picture in avatar if it is possible.
Good idea to know each other.
But is it OK to present myself for judge for unknown people? Why do I know, who are them, where are their real names, or something?
Is this a rule, or it's just good intention?
Anyway, if your desicions would be so easily manipulated in future by non-center members, why do this forum need admins, let's be like oberspace.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Peter Kushnir wrote:Is this a rule, or it's just good intention?
Not a rule, just intention. Not forsing anybody. And this idea is not mine.
Peter Kushnir wrote:Anyway, if your desicions would be so easily manipulated in future by non-center members, why do this forum need admins, let's be like oberspace.
I am open for any ideas, but have strong filter for them.