"center" group membership

All questions and suggestions about forum functioning
valexey

"center" group membership

Post by valexey »

Ivan Denisov wrote:Done. http://forum.blackboxframework.org/memb ... =group&g=8

The half of group is not registered, so vote not possible yet.
We are waiting for: Robert Campbell, Ivan Kuzmitsky, Petr Kushnir, Chris Burrows and Gary Warner.
I'm not found myself in this list. (Alexey Veselovsky)
Ivan Denisov

Re: Need moderators and admins for the forum

Post by Ivan Denisov »

valexey wrote:
Ivan Denisov wrote:Done. http://forum.blackboxframework.org/memb ... =group&g=8

The half of group is not registered, so vote not possible yet.
We are waiting for: Robert Campbell, Ivan Kuzmitsky, Petr Kushnir, Chris Burrows and Gary Warner.
I'm not found myself in this list. (Alexey Veselovsky)
Because you have not expressed the desire. My opinion, that if you wants we need to include you in group. But I do not want to make independent actions.
Rene wrote:From: Rene A. Krywult <rene.krywult@gmx.at>
Date: 2013/8/22
Subject: [BLACKBOX] Aw: Re: [BLACKBOX] BlackBox after Oms - Forum
To: BLACKBOX@lists.oberon.ch

Great thought. Is there anybody from Switzerland on this list or on OberonCore?

On this note: it would be helpful to know who is ready to partake in this endeavor as "center". May I ask for a vote?

I made a GoogleDocs sheet where all of you who want to participate in the center can enter their name, email adress, country, mother tongue and affiliation (i.e. OberonCore, Blackbox list or whatever).

Since I created the document, I entered my data first. This should not be misunderstood as a trial to take the lead.

Currently the document does not have security! He who has the link can read and change the data! I think it would be prudent to change this as quickly as possible, for data security reasons. Therefore, if possible, it would be wise to have all your data by tomorrow evening.

If any of you have a different idea on how to gather the relevant data so that we know who COULD be part of the "center", please tell us.

Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Rene
Dear, "center" we need to think about open procedure of apply membership and list of rules and responsibilities.

One more question: how many days we need to wait for every member opinion? What is the quorum — the barrier for voting become valid?
Attachments
mozilla.pdf
mailing about "center"
(125.82 KiB) Downloaded 556 times
Last edited by Ivan Denisov on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valexey

Post by valexey »

Ivan Denisov wrote:
valexey wrote: I'm not found myself in this list. (Alexey Veselovsky)
Because you have not expressed the desire. My opinion, that if you wants we need to include you in group. But I do not want to make independent actions.
Ok, I'm want.
Rene wrote:From: Rene A. Krywult <rene.krywult@gmx.at>
Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Rene
I can't read or edit this doc.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Alexey, I have added you to the group.

For other users who will want to apply for the Maintainers group membership there is simple interface here:
http://forum.blackboxframework.org/ucp.php?i=176
ReneK

Post by ReneK »

Right, because in the initial phase we said that everybody who wants in, should add his inof there. Then, after I think two weeks, we closed that document for data security reasons.

So, you Alexey, are the first of those who want in after this initial phase, and I welcome that.

It is a fact though, that the "center members" will first have to find policies on how to deal with new applicants. mI do not doubt that you will be let in. But your late application is a good reason to define the statutes of the "center" pertaining to "application and admittance of new members". I hope you are willing to wait a few days until this is settled.
DGDanforth

Google Drive

Post by DGDanforth »

I have problems with Google Drive. I down loaded the software but every time I attempt to sign in (which it requires) the connecting window just hangs and never returns (yes, even after 1 hour of waiting!). Also, Google has slowed down to a crawl for me. I have stopped using Chrome and have switched back to Firefox.

Can we please use some other method than Google Drive?
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

I am suggesting to use new web-site for fixing all the ideas in texts, that is why we better need to solve the hosting and charge rate problems by voting and install new web-site there.
ReneK

Post by ReneK »

So, basically, Ivan, you suggest that we prematurely pay for something, no matter if there are other alternatives. I do not think this is a wise decision. But you know that. You just don't care. Again.

I propose an analyzing step before we do that:

What do we want to do?
Who needs to do it?
What is needed?
How should it be done?
and after those questions are answered:
What method/tool can help us do it?

Google Docs or any other Cloud Document Management System (there are such systems free of charge, that surpass Google Drive by far!) is not the one and only solution. It is a means to an end. But what is the end? What is the user story? ANd why do we need a document space, while we are in the middle of discussing what we are and what we do?
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

We need web space with fixed pages, because it is difficult to discuss any rules or text without fixing the final idea. This discussion will continues infinity, because nobody can see the sketch to point what do like or don't like in it. For me is difficult to write in English so much. We can increase the effectiveness of discussion if somewhere will be the the "center" mission, "center" rules and so on.

I can do temporary wiki for that. It will cover our needs. So we can edit the "center" rules and other stuff there, all history will be saved. And later this wiki will be possibly used for BlackBox documentation and so on.
ReneK

Re: "center" group membership

Post by ReneK »

We already have that. It is just a question of organizing.

We can have one thread, where only the proposals are written down, with the last thread entry always being the actual proposal, and the discussion takes place in an other thread.

This way, we have an easy documentation of changes.

I do not say that this is the way to do it, but I fail to see why we need Google Drive or a virtual server for this.